I wish to advise you that on Friday, 28th October in Sydney – Australia, the Electoral Congress of the Oceania Weightlifting Federation was held. In which the IWF General Secretary attended online.
The outcome of the Electoral Congress was as follows:
- The Hon. Marcus Stephen MP – Nauru - was re-elected President un-opposed.
- Mr. Paul Coffa MBE – Australia - was re-elected General Secretary un-opposed.
- Mr. Jerry Wallwork – Samoa - was re-elected as 1st Vice President.
- Mrs. Della Shaw Elder – Fiji - was elected as female Vice President (mandatory as per our constitution.)
- Ms. Luisa Peters – Cook Islands – was re-elected Vice President.
- Mr. Simon Kent – New Zealand – was elected Vice President.
- Mr. John Davis Jr. – Northern Marianas – was elected as an Executive Board Member.
- Mr. Stevick Patris – Palau – was elected as an Executive Board Member.
- Mr. Edgar Molinos – Guam – was elected as an Executive Board Member.
- Mrs. Lilly Coffa – Australia – was appointed OWF Assistant Secretary
- Technical Chairperson – Sam Coffa – Australia.
- Masters Chairperson – Coral Quinell – Australia.
- Medical Co-Chairpersons - Dr. Lisimoni Kami -Tonga and Dr. Lawrence Teariki Puni – Cook Islands.
The Other decisions made at the Congress were as follows:
- 2023 Oceania Senior Championships will be held in Honiara, Solomon Islands in conjunction with the Pacific Games – November 20th to 24th. It was decided unanimously that the Olympic Qualification event for 2023 for the Oceania continent will be the PACIFIC GAMES.
- 2023 Oceania Junior & Youth, and Under 23 will be held in Rarotonga, Cook Islands. (date to be decided)
- 2024 Oceania Senior, Junior & Youth Championships and Olympic Qualification will be held 23rd, 24th & 25th of February in Auckland, New Zealand.
Paul Coffa MBE